Monday, July 30, 2012

My Mission is Love

Yesterday Sunday July 29, 2012 I woke up as usual and went through my morning routine to prepare for church.  As I was brushing my teeth, I looked at myself in the mirror and I heard....

 " Feefe, if someone asked you what your mission in life is, what would you tell them?"

The question struck me as odd, because it was so unexpected. It was not premeditated neither have I been thinking about my purpose in life recently yet I heard the question as clear as day as if someone was standing next to me addressing me and I knew I've heard from God.

I stopped brushing, looked at myself and I replied  " If someone was to ask me what my mission is on earth, I would tell them that my ministry on earth is that of Love. I was created to make manifest the love of Christ Jesus to all I come in contact with. Unconditional love. Unnecessary kindness. Loving without expecting anything in return. Complete and utter selflessness. Christ Love."



As soon as the thought came, it left and I finished preparing for church. Upon arriving at church, the pastor rose up to preach and lo and behold, his sermon topic was " 3 words: Love One Another". Needless to say, I had chills run down my arms as he preached because I knew the message was a confirmation of my morning experience. He went to preach about the misconception of Love, and how Love have gotten a bad reputation in the culture. Some points he made about the culture's views on love is that Love is fake, Love is feminine, and Love is to be feared. People think love is fake because they believe that you are nice to them because you have ulterior motives, they, men, think love is feminine forgetting that Christ Love is sacrificial which is hardcore and manly, and the culture also presents love as something to fear because so many people have been hurt and wounded under the cover of " I love you".

However, Christ Love, real love is not any of that. I love not because I have a hidden agenda full of things that I want to acquire from you. My kindess does not have conditions tied to it. It's simple and pure from my heart based solely on the fact that you, whether or not you acknowledge God, you are a creation of my Creator and I cannot disrespect something my Father took His time to create. I serve Him by serving you. If He has placed me in a position to be of help to you in a moment in your life, I will fulfill my purpose not for the "Thank You Feefe"s, not for public recognition for no one has to know what transpired between us, but because my God has said

"And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’- Matthew 25:40.


So at the end of it all, it's not about you or me. It's about Him. God has called me, called us, to rescue the reputation of Love. So when you come in contact with someone who wants to Love you, allow them to Love you for in doing so, they are serving God. 1 Corinthians 13 sums up what Love is. No matter who you are, what you have, how influential you are, and how many people you know.....if you don't have Love...you are NOTHING. So let us strive to be a walking reflection of Christ Love in our daily life so that when they see you, they see the God in you whom you claim to be serving. God is Love and we were created in the image of God. Therefore we should BE Love <3
Yorkamazing <3

Today's Memory Verse (T.M.V) 
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
" Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails"

No comments:

Post a Comment