Thursday, August 2, 2012

He called it Quits.....After 3 years

We got together 3 years ago during my freshmen year at the University of Texas-Austin. I'll admit, at first I wasn't that into him. Our existence/relationship, was primarily only because I needed him at that moment in my life not because he was was my first option. After just a few weeks together, I fell "in love" or "in like" with him. I've gotten used to having him around with me almost everyday. He was bright, very bright and just being around him made me happy. He carried my books, laptop, notes and everything else I needed to class for me and for that I was very grateful.



He wasn't perfect. A year into our relationship I started noticing areas in which he was weak. He wasn't as strong as he was in the beginning. People started telling me it was time for me to let him go, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He was faithful to me and I to him. Never once did I imagine that we would separate before I graduated from college. But then today came and all of that changed.

We left the house together as usual, him carrying my book to my 10am class. Just as we got into lecture, he just completely broke down, and that was that. 3 years...GONE. I can't say I didn't see it coming because I've noticed the holes in him lately. He just wasn't the same but never the less, it's a very sad day. I'm now left facing the reality that I'm going to enter my senior year in college without him. Without someone who has been there through all the pains and heartache. Am I supposed to move on now? Just like that? Part of me doesn't want to. I've wanted to tell people about how we've been together through the thick and thin, good and bad. Now as I look forward to starting my last year, someone else will now be taking his spot. I just don't know how that makes me feel just yet but today is a sad day. I write this post today in honor of the times we've shared. I will not bash him, or call him any names because through it all, he was good to me and I just wanted everyone to know that.

In Loving Memory of my faithful backpack of 3 years! I'll forever cherish you! Senior year will not be the same without you!


2 comments:

  1. First comment :)...it was nicely written booboo...i like hw u cant really predict wat u were talking abt in the beginning...great talent u've got dear...keep it up!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! thanks dearie!! your comment is greatly appreciated! <3 Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete