Friday, May 1, 2015

#21DaysBibleChallenge Days 19-21

And..... we are done! Today I am posting the last few devotions from our #21DaysBibleChallenge that ended on April 21st. I really want to thank and appreciate all those who took part in this challenge with me. Even though I may not know you did the challenge I know that God in heaven saw your devotions. It is my prayer that He will bless you for your time. I pray that as you desire to know Him that He will continue to reveal Himself and His plans to you. For those who did not start the challenge on time, please feel encouraged to do the challenge on your own time with whatever Bible chapter you choose to study. God will reveal Himself to whoever seeks Him so let us be intentional about knowing our Father.

Day 19: John Chapter 19
Lesson 1: Jesus Christ Knew All the Details About His mission on Earth, yet He obeyed to the End

" They said therefore among themselves, " Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be," that the Scripture might be fulfilled which says, " They divided my garments among them and for my clothing they cast lots"-John 19:24

"After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled said, "I thirst"-John 19:28

"For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled, "Not one of His bones shall be broken"- John 19:36

"And again another Scripture says, "They shall look on Him whom they pierced"-John 19:37




  • The Holy Spirit taught me many things in John 19, but the one that stuck out to me was that Jesus Christ was well aware of what He came to do on earth. He came with a mission, He knew what the Scriptures spoke of Him, and because of this, He intentionally did things just because that was how it was ordained to occur. The Holy Spirit brought to my knowledge that no Word of God that is spoken returns without fulfilling the purpose for which it was spoken! God is a God of order! He is a God of perfection! As a result, the salvation and redemption of men back to God had to be done precisely! Every "t" had to be crossed and every "i" had to be dotted! Who is worthy enough to offer the type of sacrifice that will make a perfect God forgive the sins of an entire world? Who is that flesh or angel who even if they were worthy could obey every instruction of the sacrifice without  himself sinning in the process? Only God Himself could take on that role to bring men back to Himself. No flesh or angel could've obeyed the Scriptures like Christ. Christ came to fulfill the Scriptures. We owe Him everything! We truly owe Him everything! His obedience of the Scriptures and His willingness to humble Himself to death for our sake if enough reason to live for Him.
    • Christ Jesus accepted sour wine just because Scripture said He would
    • Jesus gave up the Ghost and died at the right moment so that when they came around to break the bones of the crucified to quicken their death that they may remove them from the cross before the passover, they didn't break His bones because He was already dead. This was a calculated action to fulfill yet another Scripture!
  • The Holy Spirit also revealed to me that this calculative strategy seen in John chapter 19 does not end with salvation! God is just as purposeful with every aspect of our lives. He has a plan for our lives that was written from the foundation of the world and He is willing to bring all His plans to pass in our lives, but we must obey like Christ. It is obedience that brings about the promises of God. When we walk in obedience to His Will, He opens our doors at the perfect moments, He makes our crooked paths straight, He levels the high mountains before us, and He causes us to live at peace even with our enemies.
  • Prayer: Father give me a heart of obedience! Let my will be lost in Your Will in Jesus' name! Amen!
Day 20: John Chapter 20 
Lesson 1: With God We Can Experience Peace even in the Storm
" The same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst and said to them, "Peace be with you"-John 20: 19
  • The Holy Spirit revealed that in the above scripture before the presence of God came, the people were in fear. They were shut off from the rest of society because they knew they were hated people! Yet, the moment Jesus appeared and stood in their midst, the first pronunciation that came from His mouth was " Peace be with you". 
  • This is to teach us to always invite the presence of God into our situations! The Scripture tells us that God has not given us the spirit of fear. Fear is a spirit and just as other demonic spirits we have the power to cast and bind it out of our lives. How do we do it? We call on the name of Jesus. The Scriptures also tells us that at the mention of the Name of Jesus, EVERY knee shall bow and this includes the spirit of fear! When Jesus enters the situation everything that does not constitute peace must flee!
    • And the  Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it "-John 1:5
  • Prayer: Lord I invite Your presence into every area of my life. Let Your peace saturate my life. 
Day 21: John Chapter 21
Lesson1: Focus on Your Own Salvation
"Jesus said to Him, "If I will that he remains till i come, what is that to you? You follow Me"-John 21:22
  • When I read this verse, I could literally hear the tone of God's voice! He spoke and emphasized the YOU! I sincerely lack words to describe how it sounded but all I know is that the Holy Spirit emphasized that YOU! 
    • This is what the Holy Spirit said: "Feefe! I did not call you to be focused on the salvation of other people! Do not worry about what I am doing with them because that's none of your business! I need YOU to keep your eyes on me! I need YOU to focus!!"
  • Though the Lord called my name, I really believe He is saying this to everyone! God has not called us to be so focused on what other people are doing with their salvation! In the above Scripture Peter went up to Jesus to ask Jesus about John (the disciple whom Jesus loved) and Peter said to Jesus, " What about this man?" (John 21:21). 
  • What is interesting to know is that before Peter asked Jesus this question, Jesus already instructed Peter to follow Him in verse 19. So we now have Peter, who had already received instructions from Jesus, ignoring his purpose to go inquire about another person's purpose. This is very backwards!
  • Our primary concern should be our own personal salvation! Yes we should live lives that testify of the Kingdom of God and yes we should preach the Gospel to all we can reach, but the Bible clearly instructs us to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling! (Philippians 2:12). Nothing will be more tragic than for us to have spent our entire lives policing others in their Christian walk only for us to stand before God and have God say, "I knew knew you!" Let us not miss heaven because we were trying to know everyone's else business with God that we forgot His commandments for us to follow Him. Each man/woman will have to stand before God ALONE to give an account of his/her life. 
  • In addition, the Holy Spirit revealed to me that Jesus Christ is the model! We follow Him and not the ideologies of this world! If we get lost in the social media generation we will find ourselves following everyone except God. The only path to salvation is through the Lord Jesus Christ. 
  • Prayer: Father God removes distractions from around me! Give me grace to serve You uninterrupted! 
I really want to thank you all again for going on this journey with me! I also hope and pray that your journey will not end with this #21DaysBibleChallenge. Let us try to cultivate the habit of knowing God. I am still in the process and the Holy Spirit is still working on me so I encourage you also to allow God to perfect you. Nothing we ever do for God is in vain. My pastor always says that God does not owe anyone. The Lord always pays those that work for Him. May God reward you even above what you deserve in Jesus' name! Amen! By the grace of God in 2 weeks I will be able to start blogging more regularly on topics that God has been dropping on my heart. Until the next post, MAY God bless you and yours abundantly! Welcome to the month of May! :)

Yorkamazing <3
Find My Blog on Facebook: Facebook.com/FeeFeblogs
Find Me on Instagram: instagram.com/yorkamazing

No comments:

Post a Comment