Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pharmacy & I

I started Pharmacy school this week! *Insert loud screaming here!* Those that know my struggles and challenges will understand my praise when I say that "God is faithful!".  Indeed He has brought me a mighty long way. Well in my first week of classes, I've been quiet and very observant of not only the institution that I am now in, but the profession that I, by the grace of God, have chosen to be a part of. I am happy that after a week of observation, I can confidently say that this is what I want to do with my life. I have longed known that I loved people. My dreams as a child, and still my dream today, was to get an opportunity just to meet everyone on the face of the earth to say "hi", and if they'll allow me, to give them a hug. (lol) It sounds silly, but that's what my dream was because my heart feels for people. One of the very blessings of not being raised in abundance, is that  regardless of what you end up attaining in life, you have learned to sympathize and empathize with the less fortunate, because you have first hand experience on how it feels to go hungry and how to survive on next to nothing. Because of these experiences, you have to be completely heartless to then achieve something in life and refuse to offer assistant to someone in the very same position that you were once in.

I asked God to help me not only go to school, but to get an education that will place me in a position to offer assistance to those around me. I wanted to share Christ in my education because I believe in the ministry of 'living'. What I mean by this is that, as Christians we miss out on so many opportunities to introduce people to Christ, not by words, but by our actions! I've heard that "no one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care", and in terms of spreading the Gospel, that statement still holds true! Scripture tells us in Philippians 2:4 " Let each of you look out not only for his own interest, but also for the interest of others." We are to be concern about the welfare of others and bear each other's burdens. We share Christ through living in compassion, showing kindness, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, mourning with those that mourn, and celebrating with those that are celebrating. In doing these things and reflecting the perfect love of Christ, the objects of our kindness will be inclined to ask about the God we serve that makes us so different!

This brings me back to pharmacy as a profession. To summarize my first week, all I heard was that pharmacy is a profession where we serve others. Throughout orientation, the deans and professors all mention this statement in various ways informing us about how necessary it is for us to learn and comprehend the materials in each course, because for the first time in our educational careers, our knowledge of course material is for our future patients. It is no longer about us! Now I see why God brought me here. While writing this blog, God dropped it in my heart that when we ask for something, let us ask according to His Will. God reminded me of the story of Hannah and her desire for a son. Hannah needed a son, God needed a prophet, and God knew that if He gave her a son, she will in turn, give the son back to God to be used by God. (1 Samuel 1: 11) As a result, God answered her prayer and killed two birds with one stone because Hannah's request lined up with God's Will!! I asked for an education, and God needs more people to be servers in this world, so He has strategically placed me in a profession where I can share the Love of Christ, even if I never utter a word. For this, I give Him all the glory. And today, just like Hannah, I will give God back what He has given me: I will honor Him in the profession He has placed me, loving, caring, serving, and learning all to His glory. The road ahead may be rough, but I am confident in this, that He that began a good work in [me] shall complete it until the day of Christ Jesus." -Philippians 1:6


T.M.V - Colossians 3:23
"Whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men"

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU ALREADY(I'M A LADY) GOD'S GRACE IN ALL YOU DO#WESTAYSHARINGTHEGOSPELOFLOVEJESUSSAVES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Reading your comment made me so happy! You are so sweet Ojay. Love you too, hun! Thank you for reading. God bless you. <3

      Delete