Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Recipe: Ogoni (Nigerian) Style Potato Porridge


NEW BLOG SITE: feefeyorka.com


I just learned and made my Mom's famous potato porridge and it was absolutely delicious! I couldn't be more proud of myself and I cannot wait until the next time I make it again.

To make, you will need : chicken, ripped plantains, potatoes, pepper, onions, maggie, salt, and palm oil
***You can also add bitterleaf or any other seasonings you like. The dish is very flexible so feel free to add your own personal touches***

Below are some pictures of the steps :)


Start with an empty pot

Add your chopped potatoes

Add 2 cubes of a maggie, half size regular onions, salt, and pepper

Add the plantains 
Steam chicken with onions, peppers, salt, and maggie then separate the chicken broth

Add the de-boned chicken and chicken broth 

Cover the pot and allow it to cook 45minutes to 1 Hour or until Potatoes are soft

Stir to mash the potatoes and plantains then Add Palm Oil

Stir Until Color is Even


Let it cool and enjoy!!
Check out the rest of the blogs for more post! Comment, Contact and share!



Click here: Nigerian Meat Pie Recipe :)


Pending Recipes-->Want recipes for soups and other things? Let me know!


Yorkamazing <3
NEW BLOG SITE: feefeyorka.com
Find My Blog on Facebook: Facebook.com/FeeFeBlogs
Find Me on Instagram and Follow: Instagram.com/Yorkamazing

17 comments:

  1. Tried and tested!!!! This recipe is the bomb dot com. It tasted sooo good!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! I am so glad you loved it!!! :) :) Thank you for letting me know you tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the plantains cooked or raw before you add them to the pan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are raw. Just peel them and wash and they are ready to be added :)

      Delete
    2. By the way, the really ripe plantains are better for the sweetness.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the opportunity! I deleted the comment for privacy reasons but I will email you. Thank you once again! :)

      Delete
  5. Do you first add water nd when ar u gonna add the oil didn't really show

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I usually only cook the dish with the chicken broth as the source of water but if your potatoes are not soft and you think the dish will burn, please add water to fully cook the potatoes and plantains.

      When the potatoes are soft, then you will mash the entire pot, and ADD the palm oil AFTER you mash and mix everything in the pot. I hope this answers your question. :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Are the potatoes sweet potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sensational! I made mine with sweet potatoes and i added "ugu" leaves and dried fish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww! Awesome! Thank you for trying it and for letting me know! I would've loved to taste yours! It sounds delicious! My mom often adds dried fish too and other scented leafs :)

      Delete
  8. @ Feefe, thanks. Wish you tasted it too, but I'm sure you can make a better one too. Thanks for sharing mum's recipe. If there is more, please do let us know. (lol) Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Will do. If I get enough requests I will post more food recipes. I haven't posted anymore just because I'm not sure what to post. lol If anyone is interested in soup recipes (River State), just let me know and I will gladly post them: Okra, Vegetable, Egusi, Ogbonon, etc. Also Beans recipe (with plantains), gizdodo, etc.

      Delete
  9. I tried this with sweet potatoes and it tasted amazing! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donate your Kidney with the sum of $450,000.00 in Kokilaben Hospital India ,Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 7795833215

    ReplyDelete