Thursday, April 30, 2015

#21DaysBibleChallenge Days 16-18

Hello everyone!
I am going to do the last two posts pertaining to the #21DaysBibleChallenge that was completed on April 21st. I've been meaning to release these posts but just haven't had the time due to school, but today is the day! Without any more delays, here are the things I learned from my quiet time on days 16, 17 and 18.

Day 16: John  Chapter16
Lesson 1: God Always Forewarns
"These things I have spoken to you that you should not be made to stumble" -John 16:1

  • God sees all and knows all therefore before anything comes to be He is more than aware of it. When God sees what is coming for His children down the road, He warns us. Not only that, God always equips us with what we need to overcome.
  • The important lesson to gain from this is that after God forewarns, we must heed the voice and the warnings of God. We must endeavor to remember His words because a soldier doesn't wait until gun fire showdown to start looking for his own weapon. We cannot be searching for God's Word during battle. We have to be filled up on His Word and equip ourselves the moment God warns. 
  • In the above Scripture Christ says He is speaking those words so that the disciples don't stumble. In order for us not to stumble when faced with difficulties we must heed the warnings and ask God for the grace to endure until the end.  
Day 17: John  Chapter17
Lesson 1: Jesus is Constantly Praying For Me

"I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours"- John 17: 9

"Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me that they may be one as We are"-John 17:11

I do not pray that you should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one"-John 17: 15

"I do not pray for these alone, but also those who will believe in Me through their word"-John 17: 20
  • This chapter just oozed with the love that Christ has for His children. As I read I could just see the sincerity in the prayer of Christ and the amount of love He had for me and everyone else. Imagine Christ, a perfect loving God,  knowing that He will be leaving His children in this world with all its evil and then see the desperation in His prayer to the Father. "Father keep them", "I pray for them",  and "Keep through Your name" are all pleas!! Christ is begging the Father on our behalf! That's love!
  • This chapter also taught me that I am not walking in this Christian journey alone. On my own power there is no way I would make it to the end, but because Jesus is at the right hand of the Father praying and interceding for me, I am given the grace to stand!  
  • The Holy Spirit also revealed that despite my many sins the blood of Jesus Christ is still pleading on my behalf. Because of the blood shed for me, the Father will keep me from falling. He will sustain me even until Christ returns or I meet him through death. 
    • "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen"-Jude 1:24-25
Day 18: John Chapter 18
Lesson 1: Be transparent in Your Actions
" Jesus answered him, "I spoke openly to the world, I always taught in the synagogues and in the temple where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing"- John 18:20


  • It's often said that when you speak the truth you don't have to remember anything. This is because the truth doesn't change from person-to-person or from day-to-day. on the contrary a lie will change depending on who its being spoken to or the day its said because the human memory is not good at remembering details of a lie. In the above Scripture Jesus was so confident in His responses because He had only spoken the truth. When He answered and said that He spoke openly with the world it was to dare the people accusing Him to find someone who can contradict His Words. Because whatever He did, He did in the presence of many, no one can say He did X,Y,Z  because the other people will be able to say, "I was there and He did not say that". 
  • The first lesson the Holy Spirit taught me was that transparency will shame your enemies and all those conniving to ruin you. 
  • This taught me to strive to be open with my actions. What I say to one person should be the same thing I speak to everyone else I meet. I should not live a life that is contrary to the Gospel that I preach. In whatever I do, I must do it with all transparency and openness because if I work for Christ openly no one will be able to find a charge against me. My openness and light will defend me as it defended Christ in the below Scripture. 
    • "Pilate said to Him, "What is truth? And when he had said this he went out again unto the Jews and said to them, "I find no fault in Him at all"-John 18: 38
  • The last lesson from this Scripture was that as Christians our ministry is tightly connected to our daily walk. As a result, we must take the extra precaution to ensure that we do not do anything that will tarnish our ministry and cause people not to believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The world is waiting for us to fall, but transparency in our actions will keep use blameless from their accusations. 
    • "We give no offense in anything, that our ministry may not be blamed"-2 Corinthians 6:3
  • Prayer: Father help me to be transparent in my walk with You! Holy Spirit grant me the grace to have a blameless ministry in Jesus' name. Amen

Thank you all for reading and thank you so much for your patience! I will try my best to post the last 3 days of devotions tomorrow (Friday). Until then, I wish you all al lovely rest of the week!


Yorkamazing <3
Find My Blog on Facebook: Facebook.com/FeeFeBlogs
Find/Add Me on Instagram: Instagram.com/yorkamazing

No comments:

Post a Comment