Tuesday, June 9, 2015

When God Interrupts Your Life

For the last couple of weeks I've had the same Bible passage resonating in my heart: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths"- Proverbs 3:5-6. It's not an unfamiliar passage, but one that I've read many times and studied many times; however, God has been working hard lately in getting me
to let go of my future. We've all, at one point or the other, dreamt of what we envision our future to be. We've planned that if we go to school and study well, we'll get a job that pays well when we are done.  Once we secure a good job, then we will settle down and not just get married, but get married to the perfect man/woman who will have very little flaws and love us unconditionally forever. After that, we'll save money now so that we'll have more than enough to live comfortably later on. Then we plan to have children/raise a family, travel, etc. etc.

Though these plans may vary from person-to-person, there's no doubt that we all have somewhat of a timeline attached to them. However, what if God decides to interrupt your beautifully laid out plans and timeline? Interruptions that come from God may take the form of a delay, a reroute, a different look, a complete U-turn in the opposite direction you were heading, or a new mission altogether. As scary as it may sound, God can and often times will, interrupt your life. It is in these times that we must learn to trust God and let God have His way. It is easy and less scary to trust God's interruptions when you know the God you serve.  If you find yourself in a situation that is uncomfortable, a place that is unknown, or a path that is everything you did not pray for, realize that the Lord that interrupted your life, did so with a greater purpose in mind.

**


God Interrupts To Teach You and Perfect You
"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing"- 1 Peter 5:8



The interruptions that come from God are like speed bumps on the road. Often times as Christians we get so comfortable in our walk with the Lord that we enter spiritual autopilot. We begin to just go through the motions. There is no longer a fire in us that burns for the Kingdom of God. We are not desperate for the presence of God or for the move of God because all is well. We don't pray as we ought to when things are going smoothly when the Word of the Lord clearly instructed for us to be vigilant because of the devices of the enemy (1 Peter 5:8). God in His infinite mercy and grace will take us through unknown paths to perfect our faith and trust in Him. All of the moments in my life when I've seen God in miraculous ways have all been at times when I was in situations I knew I could not handle by myself. It was in those hardships that my inadequacies and weaknesses have been exposed forcing me to cling to the cross of Jesus Christ. It has been when I don't know what was going to happen next that I trusted the heart of my Savior and believe that God truly is Omnipresent, (God is everywhere, including already present in the very future that frightens me), God is Omniscient (He knows all before all came to be), and God is Omnipotent (all powerful with the power to stop what I was facing or deliver me from it if it was something He did not ordain for my good).


God Interrupts Because He has Something Better
"If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask for an egg, will offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give you the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?"- Luke 11: 11-13

With God, it is not always that our plans are bad. Most times by our own understanding, the life we've envisioned for ourselves are good lives; the issue lies in the fact that the God is a Good Father. He cannot see us settling for good when He has something better. The Bible tells us that the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof (Psalm 24:1; 1 Corinthians 10:26). The Word of God also tells us that we are children of God and joint heirs of the Kingdom with Christ Jesus. If we are children to a Good Father, why should we resist when our Father wants to give us the best of all that He created? It is not a sin to walk in the authority that Christ has given to us and to posses the possession of our Father. We must then learn that God is interrupting our plans so that we can claim the inheritance waiting for us in His Will.  It is the Will of God that is the driving force behind the interruptions of God.  As I struggled and battled God over this issue, God began to remind me of all the times He has interrupted my plans before. Most people knew that I wanted to be a chemical engineer. I had no desire to go anywhere near the medical field, yet at the beginning of my third year of my undergraduate studies, God interrupted my plans and brought me to the same profession I was running away from. Today I find myself thanking God everyday that He did not allow me to execute a plan that was outside of His Will for my life. My plans to be an engineer were not bad plans. I could've made a great living from that career, but God knows who He created me to be and knew that there was a ministry in my current profession for me to fulfill so He exchanged my good plans for something better....His perfect Will.

There is nothing wrong with making plans and moving forward in life, but we must be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit. If you are not where you thought you would be or doing what you thought you should be doing, lean not on your own understanding of your current situation. Instead, trust in the Lord with all of your heart. You may have plans that seem perfect for where you see yourself being tomorrow, but God has plans that are perfect for your entire life. God doesn't have a 5-year plan for you; God has an eternity plan. Loosing your will in the Will of God is not going to be an easy task. We have to wake up everyday and choose over and over again to walk by faith, trusting that God is ordering our steps even when things are not going according to our plans. The Will of God and the interruptions of God, will never take you to a place where His grace will not sustain you. Therefore let us start praying, " Lord, this life is not my own. Do with me as it pleases You." Amen.

Yorkamazing <3
Find My Blog on Facebookwww.Facebook.com/FeeFeBlogs
Find and add me on Instagram: instagram.com/yorkamazing

TMV( Today's Memory Verse): Galatians 2:20

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me"


**=google source: http://voiceoftruthblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Please-Stand-By.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment