Thursday, August 30, 2012

Insanity Results!! I Did It!

When you start a workout program, you long for the day where you can say you did it. Well, today is the day. I FINISH INSANITY! For 60 days, I dug deeper even though some days were good while some days I felt like I was dying, but I Did it! I'm more than proud of myself. As for my results, I lost about 8 pounds total which seems low compared to other results I've seen but I lost a lot of inches and dropped about 3-4 pants sizes depending on the brand. For the first time in my life, I actually bought size 3 pants and a cute size 4 jean shorts! How awesome is that?!? On top of it, I FEEL amazing! I feel so light, healthy, and STRONG! I can now do push ups like never before. :) Below are my results


Fit Test                                   Day 1             Day 60
Switch Kicks                            75                 141
Power Jacks                              50                 70
Power Knees                           70                  118
Power Jumps                           35                   59
Globe Jumps                           10                    14
Suicide Jumps                        13                    23
Push Up Jacks                        20                  46
Low Plank oblique                  45                  83


Measurements                  
Waist (-1.5 inches)
Thigh (-3.5 inches)
Hips (-2.5 inches)
Arm (-1.25 inches)

I took pictures which I will not post (I don't like the idea of having too much flesh showing online), but even though I only lost 8 pounds, I look like I lost much more! I constantly had people approach me to tell me this. When I went home, my family called me "skinny" and even wanted me to end my weight loss journey. But my journey is not one about losing weight. I've had the mindset that all I wanted was to be healthy and in shape. Being skinny was never part of the deal neither was being on a diet. Those aspirations are temporary to me and I was not looking for a short term fix. This is a lifestyle change, something I intend to carry with me throughout my life. I will never go back to my unhealthy habits and neglecting myself like I did before. May the Lord continue to perfect that which concerns me and grant me grace. I encourage everyone to make this journey to being healthy. It truly changes not just your body but your mind and that's an amazing thing to experience.

Operation Complete Insanity is a WRAP!

Yorkamazing <3

2 comments: