Saturday, December 19, 2015

Is There Room For Me in Heaven?

When a semester in school ends, I pack my bags and I joyfully head to Houston to my parent's house. There is no question in my mind if there will be food for me to eat when I get home neither am I bothered about where I will sleep because I know that I have a room in my father's house. I know that there's a place in the house specifically left untouched in anticipation of my arrival. It has already been established and known by all that that's FeeFe's room and so when I arrive at home, I take my bags into my room and settle in. While I have an earthly father who has a room for me in his house, I also have a Heavenly Father who has a house. The question then remains this: Is there room for me in heaven? Is heaven preparing a space specifically in anticipation of my arrival? Is heaven even anticipating my arrival? These are the questions that the Lord has on my heart. The years we live on earth are all important, the careers we are working so hard at are good, the dreams and relationships we desire are also good things, but eternity is waiting for everyone. Where will you be spending it? In the Holy Word of God, Jesus said, 

"In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also"-John 14:2-3


In the Greek translation, the word mansions is monḗ which means "dwelling place" or "room". Jesus has promised that He is going back to the Father's house to create a room for His children so that we may live with Him for all of eternity. This means we must belong to the family of God in order to live with the Father. Jesus went on to declare, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" and this declaration shows that the only way to know with full confidence that there will be room for us in Heaven is if we are walking and working with Christ Jesus. Have you done anything to deserve a room in the Father's house? Better still, are you even His child?





We have taken the grace of God for granted. We have become a people who only read the parts of the Scriptures that talk about God's love and have failed to realize that God is Just. His Word says," God cannot be mocked; whatever a man sows, that will he also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life" (Galatians 6:7-8). What will become of us in eternity, where we will spend it, and how comfortable we will be where we spend it, are all direct results of what we did with our mortal lives.  Yes salvation is by grace for Ephesians 2:8-9 says, " for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God and not of works, lest anyone should boast", BUT it is your works that will determine your crown and glory in heaven. Those ,who like Apostle Paul, have crucified themselves with Christ so that the life they live is no longer about themselves( Galatians 2:20) are those who Jesus is preparing a room for. Jesus Himself said, "

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first"- Matthew 19:29-30

Heaven waits in anticipation for the arrival of the true men and women of God. Those who labor for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, those who have denied themselves and the comforts of life to pursue Christ, those who are the hands and feet of the Lord, going throughout the earth feeding the homeless, clothing the naked, visiting the prisoners, encouraging the hopeless, those who give with no selfish ambitions, those whose kindness do not have to be broadcasted. All of our works shall be tested with fire and a reward given to those whose work stand ( 1 Corinthians 3:14). Jesus has commanded us saying, " Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. When once the Master of the house has risen up to shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ' Lord, Lord, open for us', and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from," (Luke 13:22)


God forbid that to be our portion! Do not be deceived by the distractions of this present age. Do not buy into the fantasized "God" of this generation that loves everyone, ignores sin, and accepts all doctrines and ways of life because the Just God of the Bible rose up and shut the door of the His house rejecting some people. The Spirit of the Lord is crying out to this generation! Let's stop pretending to be of God and be of the Lord! Let's go back to seeking the Lord and desiring His presence. Let's lose ourselves in His service. Let's be about our Father's business! Then and only then can Jesus go prepare a place of rest for us and come back to receive us to Himself. The Book of Ecclesiastes 5:12 says, "the sleep of a laboring man is sweet", meaning those who have worked hard will rest well. If we have not labored for the Lord, we should not be expecting to rest eternally in peace in the Father's house. There's definitely a room somewhere for you, but make sure it is in Heaven with the Father.

Yorkamazing <3
Find My Blog on Facebook: Facebook.com/FeeFeBlogs
Find and Follow Me on InstagramInstagram.com/Yorkamazing
Today's Memory Verse: Psalm 23:6
"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. "

PS,
the above picture shows me during the semester. I am so grateful to God for another successful semester in school! I've been gone for a while because of final exams but thank God that's over for now! Here's to more regular blogging! A huge thank you to everyone that has been reading old blogs! God bless you guys! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment