Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Purpose vs. Time

God has an interesting way of speaking to His people. Recently the phrase "purpose driven" has been on my heart and I have this urgency to be about my Father's business. It's as though the Holy Spirit is saying, "The devil has many agents in the world actively carrying out their John 10:10 agenda. I need you and My people to be My agents to let the world know about eternal life in Me. You have a purpose! Carry it out!" To confirm His Word, the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to see something hidden on my instagram page.

As I was checking a notification on phone, my eyes saw that the white spaces of the things I've recently uploaded formed a cross (I highlighted in red). In addition, the phrase "Purpose over Popularity" was directly in the middle. It may not seem like much to you, but I knew God was speaking to me and so I've spent some time trying to understand what the Lord is saying. My study brought me back to the book of Ecclesiastes 3 :1 which says,

"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

I've read this same Scripture countless of times; however, this time around God made me understand there's an expiration date for every purpose. We must do what God has asked us to do at the specific time God has commanded for us to act. Once that time expires, the purpose is invalid. The conclusion of the matter is that we must understand not only our purpose in life, but also the time tied to those purposes. Jesus understood this principle of purpose vs. time and demonstrated it to us all.




1. Understand Your Purpose

"Pilate therefore said to Him, " Are You a king then?" Jesus answered, "You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice"- John 18:37

The coming of Jesus Christ into this world was not accidental, but it was because there was a problem that only Jesus could solve. Likewise, we were not born by accident. God saw a problem in the world and formed you specifically to handle that problem. The Word of God says, "before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:5). You were formed because of the nations! You have talents and gifts that can save the nations, you have a message from God to deliver the people of the nations, you are a witness to the truth and the saving power of Jesus, and you are the light to a darkened generation! Marianne Williamson once wrote, " our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. Your playing small does not serve the world", and truly you have to let go of fear because you were created for more! Christ knew why He was walking the earth, but do you know why you are here? Is it only to be born, eat, go to school, get a job, start a family,  retire, and then die or is there more to your life? For what cause were you created?

There's an irrevocable calling of God on your life ( Romans 11:29). God assigned you to something from birth and He is not canceling that calling because it is not His nature to lie or repent; therefore, it is your responsibility to discover your calling and gifts and begin activating them. The book of Job 42:2 says, " I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You." Ask the Lord to reveal His purpose for your life and to give you the grace to carry out your purpose.


2. Understand Your Time
"Then Jesus said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready"- John 7:6 (NKJV)

Jesus not only knew why He was on earth, but He understood that there was a specific time for Him to start ministry. Just because He was to save the world did not mean that Christ was not going to observe the time of man from birth to adulthood because the entire process of being born was vital in fulfilling all of Scripture. If Christ skipped out of childhood and went straight into ministry, then we would not be able to testify and say, " For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin" (Hebrews 4:15) therefore timing is crucial. In the book of Habakkuk 2:2-3 it says,

"Then the Lord answered me and said, "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, it will not tarry."

There's an appointed time for you to fulfill your purpose and that time may not coincide with the times of other people. Perhaps God is telling you to launch out now while other people are not ready, or maybe other people have started and God still has you on hold. Whatever your appointed time is, follow it! In the above Scripture Jesus said it was not yet His time, yet time is always ready for His disciples. Follow God's time table for your life. Habakkuk said, "I will stand my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me" (Habakkuk 2:1). Let the Lord give you His schedule for the purposes He has given you.

Men and women of God, you have a purpose that is greater than you being popular. Wake up, rise up,  pick up your cross, and dust your God given vision off because the Lord is calling you to get to work. The world needs Jesus, but you have the good news of the Gospel, people are wandering in darkness, but you know the Light, souls are dying and perishing, but you know the key to salvation and eternal life!  It's time to get to work. Jesus said, "I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work" (John 9:4). Every purpose for which the Lord called you for has an expiration time because the night is coming. Do not fear your purpose because God has sufficient grace available for us in our various appointed times. May the Lord help us to be purpose driven. Amen.

Yorkamazing <3
feefeyorka.com

Find My Blog on Facebook: Facebook.com/FeeFeBlogs
Find Me on Instagram: Instagram.com/Yorkamazing
Today's Memory Verse:  Ecclesiastes 3: 11
 "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end"






No comments:

Post a Comment