Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Making A Godly Choice

Have you been faced with the struggle of choosing between two or more things knowing that your future depends on that single choice?  Aside from making the decision to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal Savior many years ago, the only other time I've felt the gravity of a decision was deciding to drop out of my engineering courses to pursue a degree in pharmacy. I basically had an anxiety attack. I thought about how I was going to tell friends I was changing majors and the stigma that came with that, I thought about how the extra years in school meant I wouldn't be able to financially assist my parents sooner, I thought my own happiness and how I was going to spend almost my entire 20s in school, and I thought about the work that making this change will require. I panicked and I ran to the feet of my Father and spent an entire night crying to the Lord.  I alway say it was a good thing I lived by myself at that moment because my heart was so heavy that I lacked words to say to God so I simply cried and not those pretty cries and sobs, but the type of crying where you cannot breathe nor see due to the tears and mucus. All I managed to say to God was, "Help me, Father" over and over again. Unbeknown to me, God had brought me exactly where He wanted me, at His feet, completely selfless and seeking for His direction and Will for my life. You see, when it comes to making a godly choice, we must recognize our helplessness and likewise recognize that God is Omniscient, Omnipresent, and Omnipotent. The Lord knows all concerning that decision before you, His presence is already in the future of the result of the decision, and He has all the power to guide you in your choices. The Word of the Lord says,

"Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses."- Psalm 25:12

It is important to allow the Lord to teach us in the way we should go because we tend to reason differently from the Lord. When it comes to making choices, we lean towards our past experiences, what our eyes can see, what we feel emotionally at that moment,  and towards the person or thing that we have the most history with; however, the Lord searches the inner heart of all things. The disciples of Jesus Christ knew that Scripture said "Let another take his (Judas) office" (Acts1:20) so they had the burden of finding a replacement for Judas after Judas betrayed Jesus. With this huge decision before them, the apostles began to reason how to make a godly choice. From their reasoning, they concluded that the one who will be the new 12th disciple must be someone who has been with them throughout the entire time they spent with Jesus, from the baptism of Jesus, to His death and resurrection. From this criteria, they narrow the choice down to two men, Barsabas and Matthias. Both man had history with them, both man had gone through experiences with them, and emotionally the disciples must have loved both men, but before making any decision, their final and most important step was to inquired of the Lord.

" And they prayed and said, "You, O Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which of these two You have chosen."- Acts 1:24



The apostles recognized that while someone or something may look good by all accounts, may check off every criteria box they had, and may even be the favorite amongst their family and friends, only God knows the heart.  The apostles yielded their desires unto the Lord. They requested and asked the Lord to reveal His choice unto them! When we are faced with the many decisions of life, our first instinct should be to run to the Lord for guidance. God is promising you right now that if you let go of your choice and seek His counsel, " I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go. I will guide you with My eye." (Psalm 32:8) You do not need to call any psychic hotline, see any palm reader or fortune teller to inquire about the decision before you and your future. Let the Eye of the Lord see for you. God has His choice and His best for you in terms of a life partner, He knows which business idea will yield you the most profit and peace, He knows which career pathway will enable you to fulfill your destiny, and He knows which of the opportunities before you is of Him. The book of Proverbs says that the blessings of the Lord makes a person rich without adding any sorrows (Proverbs 10:22). When you learn to simply pray, "Lord, these are the choices before me. Help me, Father. What should I do?", He will lead you.  From my previous experience I can testify that the Lord led me where I am today and that His plans for me, though I did not understand back then, were good plans. Whatever choices are before you, I encourage you to seek God about them. As a Father, He will not stand by and watch you make the wrong decision; rather, He will hold your hand, guide you in making a godly choice, and cover you with His peace in the process. Trust the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding of the issues in your life, but in all of your ways, choices, and decisions, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path and bring you to an expected and glorious end.

Yorkamazing <3

Find My Blog on Facebook: Facebook.com/FeeFeBlogs
Find and Follow Me on Instagram: Instagram.com/yorkamazing
Today's Memory Verse: Psalm 73:24

"You will guide me with Your counsel, afterward receive me to glory"

No comments:

Post a Comment