Saturday, November 10, 2012

Relationship 101: There's a Season For Everything

I write this as a reminder to myself and as an encouragement to anyone who might come across this. When it comes to relationships, we shouldn't be in a hurry to enter one. I know that is easier said then done, but if we are truly living with the sole purpose of honoring God with our lives, then we should be able to give this area of our life  over to God's Will. Though it may be the season of rejoicing or should I say, romancing for "everyone", we shouldn't then be sadden when we think of our own case. I put the word "everyone" in quotes because we tend to over exaggerate everything! As far as we are concern, everyone and everything including the dogs and cats, have someone to love but us! (laugh out loud) when in reality, that's not the way it is. We should learn to trust the timing of God and rest on the assurance that He is never late. In the book of Ecclesiastics 3:1, the Word of God says

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven"
That means that there's no event that has slipped pass the knowledge of God but rather God has ordained all things to come to pass in its own time. I am choosing to believe God and using this period to honor Him and thank Him for the man He is preparing. I know that the longer the wait, the more things God is perfecting in him and about him to make him a suitable partner. And the same goes for me. When that season comes, I believe that person I will be then, whom God shall present to him, shall be the perfect mate for him and him for me: bone of his bones and flesh of his flesh. So I rejoice with those experiencing their seasons now knowing that while I thank God for what He  has done and is doing for others, my own season shall come. I wait expectantly for that day. 

I believe this is what he is saying <3 

Yorkamazing <3
T.M.V- Psalm 138:8
"The LORD will perfect that which concerns me: your mercy, O LORD, endures forever: forsake not the works of your own hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment