Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Today is November 25, 2012 and I am rounding up my Thanksgiving break and preparing to get back into the "student mode" for classes tomorrow. As I sit here writing this, I reflect on this break and come to the realization that in everything, no matter the state I find myself in, I should be content and thankful. For this Thanksgiving break, I didn't go back home to spend it with my family because of work obligations. I did however, spend it with some awesome people I regard as family. So what I am thankful for?


  1. I am thankful for Salvation through Jesus Christ. Everyday I see more and more of His grace and how unworthy I am of His mercy and love. Yet despite all my shortcomings, this God still loves me. I am so undeserving and as a result I cannot but worship God all the days of my life. He alone deserves my praise!
  2. I'm thankful for my family. I know most people say this but I love my family, I cannot imagine my life without my four brothers and my parents. In my 22 years of living, they've been there through everything always supporting, always providing a safe place for me. I thank God for them and for allowing me to spend more time with them.
  3. I'm thankful for true friends. I've come across some of the most amazing people walking the face of the earth and I feel so honored that God has given me the chance to interact with them. They are a second family and a source of many good laughter.
  4. I am thankful for my education. Here I am thinking about graduating in May with my Bachelor of Science degree and planning to start pharmacy school in August  to get my Doctor of Pharmacy degree. It's only God's grace if you knew my past and how I even got to where I am today. 
  5. I am thankful to God also for myself. I know this is a weird one, but I thank God for working on me like He has been doing. This year especially, I feel God moving in me so much. I am daily being changed by His power to reflect Him more. I am being challenged beyond what I could have imagine yet His grace is sufficient in seeing me through. I love how He is molding me and I only pray that I can by His grace, continue to be a vessel in His hand for use. 
I have more to be thankful but this will take a lifetime to list. I just appreciate God for this life He has given me. For everything He has done, for everything He is doing, and for everything He is going to be doing, I am grateful. But most importantly, I bless the name of the Lord for who HE IS. Just for being God, i am so thankful! There's no God like our God. I pray you all had a lovely thanksgiving. By God's grace, we will never run out of things to be thankful for. I love you all! Stay bless!
11/25/12 After church

Yorkamazing <3
T.M.V- Psalms 106:1
Praise the LORD! Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment