Thursday, April 16, 2015

#21DaysBibleChallenge Days 9-11

Hello! Today I am sharing my studies from our #21DaysBibleChallenge days 9, 10, and 11. I am very excited about how faithful God is. He promised that we would find Him when we seek Him with our whole hearts and I can truly say that this Bible challenge is really proving that. I pray that your experience through the challenge is just as rewarding. As of today we are day 16 so only 5 more days remain! As I did before, I will only be sharing one insight from each day to keep these posts semi-short.

Day 9: John Chapter 9.
Lesson 1: God allows some conditions for His glory

"Jesus answered, " Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him." - John 9:3
  • The man in question in the above verse was born blind. Throughout his entire life people assumed his blindness was a result of his sins or the sins of his parents; however, when Jesus entered into the situation, He revealed that the man's condition was not a punishment was sin, rather a condition that God allowed him to be in that God may demonstrate His power. 
  • One thing that God taught me from this situation is that God is a Just God. Some may wonder why is God allowing an innocent man to suffer many years when he is not at fault neither are his parents at fault? God allowed the situation to save many lives. God's thoughts are not our thoughts neither are His ways our ways (Isaiah 55:8). It may not make sense to us, but God is looking at the bigger picture. The suffering of the man for a few years led to the salvation of that man's soul! A few earthly years of suffering is nothing in comparison to eternity with God. (John 9:34-38)
  • In addition to the man's soul being saved, the miracle would also cause many to believe in Jesus Christ. We should be encouraged and strive to see God in the conditions of our lives. God always has a bigger plan! Let's trust Him.
    • "But as for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people."-Genesis 50:20


Day 10: John Chapter 10
Lesson 1: Jesus is the Good Shepherd. 

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."- John 10:11
  • Lessons this chapter taught me is that:
    •  Jesus loves me and He loves me so much that He will gladly give up His life in my place. A shepherd will not see a lion coming for his sheeps and run away, but rather will stand and fight to protect his flock! I am reminded that we are all God's children. Everyone of us is a sheep in His flock and the same way He would go away one lost sheep is the same way He will love and fight for other sheeps. We are all precious to Him. 
      • What if one of you had one hundred sheep and you lost one of them? Would you not leave the ninety-nine in the country and go back and look for the one which was lost until you find it? When you find it, you are happy as you carry it back on your shoulders. Then you would go to your house and call your friends and neighbors. You would say to them, "Be happy with me because I have found my sheep that was lost"- Luke 15: 4-6
    • If I am a sheep in the flock of Jesus I am safe! There is nothing in this world that can pluck me from His arms. I am reminded of the power of God. Who can battle with the Lord? Who is he or she that will challenge the Almighty God? Who dares attempt to harm me in the presence of my Father? This Word of God gives me so much peace and confidence!
    • As a sheep, I must ensure that I know the Shepherd's voice! Knowing His voice as He calls and warns is part of remaining safe and remaining in His presence. I will get lost if I cannot distinguish my Shepherd's voice from other voices. 
Day 11: John Chapter 11
Lesson: God delays with purpose

"When Jesus heard that, He said, " This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it....So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was"-John 11: 4&6
  • Jesus was told that Lazarus was sick and the sickness lead to his death. He was laid to rest before Jesus showed up to where he was buried.
  • What the Holy Spirit revealed to me is this:
    • #1 Jesus was well aware of the severity of Lazarus' illness.
    • #2 Jesus did not delay healing Lazarus because He didn't like him or his sisters. In fact we are in John 11: 5 that Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 
    • #3 Jesus purposefully stayed 2 additional days where He was when He heard the news! This blew my mind! It said Jesus "remained two more days in the place where He was" meaning He just sort of waited for things to escalate! At this point we may want to ask but Lord why? Why wait? Why allow the entire situation to blow out of portion?
  • This is when God now brought me back to verse four. Before Jesus decided to just stand where He was, He already said that the sickness was not unto death! That word alone should have been the clue to everyone that God was in control! The Holy Spirit taught me to rest in God's Word. God does not speak in vain. He does not utter words just for the sake of making noise. The Scripture tells us that, " So is My word that goes out of My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it"-Isaiah 55:11.
    • We must trust God's Word! The Word of God has to be sufficient for us because God's words are always followed by action.
  • At the end of the day, Jesus showed up, brought Lazarus back to life, and many people came to know Christ.  Because so many people were aware of the fact that Lazarus died and even attended his funeral, when they saw that the same man who they've cried over and buried was now living, it was easy for them to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ! That was the purpose of the delay! God allowed the situation to escalate because He knew He will save many souls by waiting an extra 2 days. God's ways are NOT our ways but they are beyond amazing and His timing is perfect!
These chapters spoke so heavily to my spirit! All throughout the theme has been the same: trust God! We may not understand many things, but God is a good Father and we can hold Him to His Word! As always, thank you all for sharing in this journey with me! I will post devotions from days 12-15 on Sunday! Until then, smile for you are loved by the Father!

Yorkamazing<3

Find me on Facebook: Facebook.com/FeeFeBlogs
I'm also on Instagram: Instagram.com/Yorkamazing

No comments:

Post a Comment