Sunday, April 12, 2015

#21DaysBibleChallenge Days 6-8

As of today we are on Day 12 of our #21DaysBibleChallenge! Today I am posting one lesson from my devotions from days 6-8. I apologize that my posts always come very late in the evenings, but this when I usually force myself to take a study break. 

Day 6: John Chapter 6
Lesson 1: God often asks rhetorical questions
" Then Jesus lifted up His eyes, and seeing a great multitude coming toward Him, He said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat? But this He said to test him, for He Himself knew what he would do."- John 6: 5-6

  • Before Jesus asked Philip where they were going to get food from to feed the crowd that was following Him, he ALREADY knew what He was going to do. 
  • This taught me that God doesn't ask my opinion because He is out of ideas nor because the situation that I am in is a surprise to Him. God brings up the question to get my attention. He asks rhetorical questions because the question will make me aware of that the problem I am facing is hopeless to man, but with God nothing shall be impossible!
  • It was after the question was asked that Philip realized that even 200 denarii worth of bread was not going to be even to feed the people; This is to show that even with the resources of men, there are things beyond us, but God can take what we have and maximize it beyond that which we can imagine. 
  • From this scenario Jesus proves that He is more than capable of supplying our physical needs, therefore we should hunger after that which is everlasting (the Bread of Life) more than that which satisfies our stomach.  
    • "Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him."- John 6:27
    • Christ is the Bread of life and I need to feed my spirit daily with the Bread of Life who is also the Word. I feed my spirit by daily and intentionally spending time in the Word of God. 

Day 7: John Chapter 7
Lesson 1: I have to be comfortable worshipping God in PUBLIC
" For no one does anything in secret while he himself seeks to be known openly. if you do these things show yourself to world."- John 7:4
  • What is interesting about this scripture is that these words were spoken by the people and directed at Jesus. They were in a way challenging Christ to go all out and just proclaim that He is the Christ, YET those who believed in Jesus were themselves too scared to publicly declare Christ (John 7:13).  Jesus responded to the people by saying, " My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready"-John 7: 6
    • Jesus' ministry was still going and there were still many things for Him to do before the cross, but as stated in John7:6, Jesus lets us know that our time for public declaration is always ready! The question is then, am I ashamed of Christ? Do I fear what people will say about me if they found out I was a believer of Jesus Christ? 
  • I cannot be a closet christian! 
  • I must become comfortable and unashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If I deny Jesus in front of my family and friends because of what they might say or think about me, than I am still not a matured Christian. The danger in denying Christ is that on the last day, if I've denied Christ on earth, Jesus will deny me in front of the Father
  • Prayer: Jesus give me the boldness to declare You publicly! 

Day 8: John Chapter 8
Lesson 1: I cannot follow Christ and remain in darkness
" Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, " I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."- John 8:12
  • Jesus is the Truth. If I follow Him, I too will have to walk uprightly. 
  • Jesus is the Way. The path that Christ walked is revealed in the Bible. I am to follow the same path because it leads to everlasting life. 
  • I must be willing to let go of anything and everything that constitutes as darkness . God told the lady caught in the act of adultery to go and sin no more (John 8:11) therefore to walk in the light and not in the darkness, I have to let go of sin. 
    • "Jesus answered them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave to sin."-John 8:34
  • Because I no longer walk in darkness, I am to no longer be a slave to sin. Christ has freed me and given me the dominion over sin! If I continue to sin deliberately after Christ has given me dominion to  overcome sin and has instructed me to flee ALL  appearances of sin, I am in open rebellion to Christ Jesus. 
  • I have been set free from sin and now as a believer of Christ Jesus, I am a slave to righteousness. I am to love and actively pursue holiness in word, action, and thought. 
    • "But you have been set free from sin, you became a slave of righteousness"-Roman 6:18
  • Prayer: Lord, help me to love that which You love and hate that which You hate. 

That's it for tonight, everyone! Thank you all for sharing in this journey with me. Today in church the Pastor preached on "Encounter With God" and the message was all about how we come to know God by spending time with Him and seeking him diligently. The message made me very happy because it was a confirmation of what the Lord has placed in my heart for  months now. If we diligently and intentionally seek God, we will find Him. He by the nature of Him being God, will reveal Himself to us because we desire to know Him. It is my prayer that God will reward your diligence with a revelation of Him that will bless every aspect of your life. I will post devotions from days 9-11 on Thursday. Until next time, may the Almighty keep you and yours in Jesus' name. Amen!
Yorkamazing <3
Find FeeFe's blog on Facebook: www.facebook.com/FeeFeBlogs
Find Me on Instagram: www.instagram.com/yorkamazing
TMV- Proverbs 8:17
" I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me diligently will find Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment