Wednesday, April 8, 2015

#21DaysBibleChallenge Days 4-5

Hello everyone! As promised, here are the things I learned from day 4 through 5 of our #21DaysBibleChallenge! As always, feel encouraged to comment your insights or message me! :)

Day 4: John Chapter 4

Lesson1: Jesus came to save all
"Jesus answered and said to her, "if you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water"- John 4: 10

  • Though the woman was a Samaritan, a people not known to get along with Jews, she was the one Jesus decided to reveal Himself to (John4: 26). This showed me that we are all God's people and He desires that all come to know Him.
  • This passage also taught me the importance of recognizing the presence of God! The woman of Samaria had no clue who she was interacting with! That's why Jesus said, "if you knew who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink" you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water".  Basically, when I don't know God and when I don't recognize His presence, I will be fixated on things that don't matter. It won't occur to me that I am in the presence of the One who can do all things and supply all things! When I know my God I will be able to ask Him of things that are everlasting and God being a faithful God, will give me my request according to His will and purpose. 
  • Another lesson in this passage is, what God is requiring from me is nothing in comparison to what He wants to give me. At times we find it difficult to let go of certain things. We are afraid that we will never be able to get something better than what we are being called to let go of; however, when Jesus asked the woman of Samaria to give Him water to drink, He in return was looking to give her the Living Water that you drink and never thirst anymore. I need to learn to completely trust God's motives. He will never take something from me without replacing it with something better for me. "The blessings of the Lord, it makes rich, and He adds no sorrow with it:-Provers 10:22

Lesson 2: God desires true worshippers
"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is a spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth"-John4: 23-24
  • Part of knowing God is that it allows me to be able to worship Him as God! Above in John4:22 Jesus told the woman of Samaria that they worship a God they do not know therefore true worship is when we worship with understanding! We lift our hands and sing our songs because we have knowledge of the One True God!
  • This passage also taught me that God is not moved by actions. If I go to church and wave my hands and sing my songs because that's what everyone else is doing, I am in no way touching the heart of God. I cannot go through the motions and expect God to accept my worship. I must worship in truth which means I worship with my entire heart, mind, body, and soul. I worship with no care of who is around me or who is watching me. I understand that in that space of worship my only audience is The Father and I bow my knees in reverence to His majesty! 
  • Another lesson in this passage that the Holy Spirit revealed to me is that God will make Himself known when I worship Him in spirit and in truth. If God is a Spirit and I worship Him in Spirt, than I am aligned with Him. 

Other lessons the Holy Spirit taught me in John chapter 4 include:

  • Recognize the gift and the presence of God. (John 4:10)
  • Worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24)
  • God is able to forgive and to save (John 4:39)
  • When The Lord speaks concerning something, I must believe. God does not speak in vain. (John 4:50-53)
  • The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few. I must preach and witness Christ to win souls. (John 4:34-38)
Day 5: John Chapter 5

Lesson 1: God has given me free will. I must tell God what I want
"when Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, "do you want to be made well?'-John 5:6
  • Jesus was well aware of the man's condition and how long he had been in that state, YET, Jesus still want ahead to ask the man if he wants to be healed. This shows that God respects our free will. Though He knows our conditions and desires to bring us out of those conditions, He cannot move in our lives without our permission. When I give God the go ahead signal He will proceed to do the miraculous. 
Lesson 2: There's  Life everlasting in Christ Jesus
"For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself."-John5:26
  • In Christ Jesus, those who have been saved will not die a second death. The second death is eternal separation from God.  We are told told that Jesus will speak to the graves and those who have died will come forth and "those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation."( John 5:29)
  • Life does not end after this present one we are living. If we live our lives sold out to Christ, if we accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, then even though this flesh may die, there will come a day when the Lord will call us forward into everlasting life. 
    • "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My Word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."-John 5:24
  • The opposite of spending eternity with God is being separated from God (condemnation). As Christians it is our job to spread the Gospel of Jesus that all may come to know God. 
Thank you all for reading! I will post devotions from day 6-7 on the weekend! Until then,  may God keep you and yours in Jesus' name. Amen!

Yorkamazing <3
Find My blog on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/FeeFeBlogs
Find me on Instagram: www.instagram.com/yorkamazing

No comments:

Post a Comment