Monday, September 3, 2012

New Workout: Ripped in 30 Days Jillian Michaels

So I've conquered Insanity and now I want to keep my fitness journey moving by completing Jillian Michaels's Ripped In 30 Days. The DVD consists of 4 weeks of 24 minutes workouts ranging from level 1 during week one to level 4 during week 4. Each workout is to be done 6 days a week and I am up for the challenge. I've lost 50 pounds thus far since starting my journey to better health in October of 2011. I'm at a point now where I've lost the weight and only desire to tone up and build strength. Any further weight lost will just be as a result of muscle training. My goal is to be as toned as possible without looking "manly'. Yesterday, I decided to go running around campus again and this time I ran for about 45 minutes without stopping. I felt so great! My cardio and endurance has definitely increased after completing Insanity and dropping all the weight since starting. I want to sign up for a 5K. I feel like I can do it. The way I controlled my breathing and was so relaxed during my evening run truly impressed me. I cannot believe that in less than a year, I've been able to accomplish all of this! I thank God for helping me realize I needed to make the lifestyle changes and also for upholding me throughout. I've just been going one day at a time, one pound at a time and slowly but surely, everything is just adding up. It's amazing! This time last year I was miserable shopping for school clothes. Now, I am having to hide my credit card from myself to ensure I don't over spend on shopping because every time I try something on that's a size I would NEVER try on a year ago, and it fits, It's like Christmas!! That feeling is amazing! Well here is to my next 30 days of getting tone! I can do this!
New Challenge
Yorkamazing <3

No comments:

Post a Comment