Friday, September 28, 2012

Humble Me With Your Thorn

A thought just crossed my mind today that I thank God for. I see the hand of God moving in my favor everyday and I am beyond grateful knowing that the God of Heaven and Earth, knows my name and is concerned about my well-being. In the midst of the blessings, my heart keeps crying to God, not because I am sad, but because I pray not to ever feel independent of God. I don't want His blessings to make me think higher of myself that I start departing from Him. If the blessings will cause that, I would rather just have Him. It is so easy to get proud and feel like you can do it all on your own or that your success is a result of your hard work, when in reality all that we are and have are the doings of God's provision and grace. So today, my heart cried to God as always, that God should humble me in all things. Whatever it may take so that when tomorrow's success comes, I do not forget the Source of the success is what I pray God should do in my life. I want it all about Him, so when people see me, they will be seeing Him instead. What came to me was the life of Apostle Paul and how God humbled Him with a thorn in his flesh so I decided to study that scripture.

"And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."- 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

When I read this it ministered deeply to me that God will not share His glory and if you want to be used for God, you have to be okay with not being seen. If what you want is the spotlight, the fame, and the adoration from people, then you are not ready to be used by God. God uses the powerless to demonstrates His power. It evens says in 1 Corinthians 1:27 that "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise. God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." Apostle Paul first asked for the thorn to be removed but realized that it was strategically placed there by God so that he may remain humble and thus remain a useful vessel in God's hands! God's strength is made perfect in our weakness and so like Apostle Paul, I will take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecution, in distresses, for Christ's sake for when I am weak, then I am strong! God heard my cry and desire to remain dependent on Him at all times, to need Him always. I know the thorns in my flesh and I thank God for them because they are there to keep me humble. I wouldn't want it any other way because this life of mine, must give Him glory! So thank God for your thorns! Your humbleness allows Him to use you! And isn't it a wonderful thing to know that The same God that humbles you, shall exalt you in due season!!?? (1Peter5:6) Amazing!

Yorkamazing <3
T.M.V- John 3:30
"He must increase, But I must decrease"

No comments:

Post a Comment