Monday, August 27, 2012

Unashamed of Me

There is freedom in being yourself. What I mean by this is that living a life, YOUR life, the way God intends for you to live, liberates you from the judgements and expectations of people, thereby permitting you to be you. You wake up each day with your mind made up that today, no matter who you come across, you will not deny yourself. This concept seems so simple, but I see people struggle with it each day. I see people holding back from being all they could be, their maximum potentials, because of the fear of losing their "reputations". The things they wish to say, they do not say. The endeavors they would love to undertake, they stale their feet because they fear it would not be liked.  So instead of living like God wants and being in the game/action of life, they sit on the sidelines watching others play/live life. This is not living; Your footprint will never be seen, neither your impact felt because you never lived! Personally, I'm learning too to just be FeeFe. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my looks, nothing wrong with the awkward way I laugh, and nothing wrong with my unexplainable sense of humor. The same goes for you. When these things are combine, they blend so uniquely to make the person that you are and that person is BEAUTIFUL.

" I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."- Psalm 139:14

 God did not make a mistake when He created me and you neither was He in a hurry when He was forming us. He took His time and we were fearfully made. Take a second to grasps this and truly understand it for when you do, you cannot help but love yourself. There's no point in fitting in to be part of what is consider popular or cool. Majority of the people in that group people strive so hard to be a part of, are all pretenders wearing masks in an attempt to hide their real self because of the fear of rejection. Take off the mask, and allow God to take glory for what He created. You cannot fulfill your destiny while pretending to be someone else. God didn't create you to be hidden. You are a child of Light, not darkness.

" Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven"-Matthew 5:14,16

The more I realize this, the more I thank God for my life and I desire to serve him with every breath and every fiber of my being. He has freed me to be me and given me the wisdom to know not to try to people-please. Do not be afraid to be YOU! Shine and live for Christ as He has ordained it and let everything else go. Don't deprive God of His glory. You are His creation! His Masterpiece! Live like it!

Yorkamazing <3
Today's Memory Verse (T.M.V)
Luke 12:7

"But Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows."



Continue to see one of my favorite poems...



Our Greatest Fear —Marianne Williamson

it is our light not our darkness that most frightens us
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

—Marianne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment