Monday, August 6, 2012

Test of Character: You Just Lost One.

It's funny how you can be taking care of your business, and have someone irrelevant to you make a sleek remark slamming you all for the sake of starting a confrontation. It's true what they say when they say people will always talk. That will never change. What can change is your attitude and response to the talk. The stage I'm in in my life, is a grown woman stage.

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me."- 1 Corinthians 13:11



 I've been done with the "he said", "she said", "they said" drama filled life since 2003 when I gave my life to Christ. My God is not a God of confusion so I do not indulge in drama, I do not welcome it, and I can never be the start of it. I'm working towards building myself up in the way of the Lord so I see all these small attacks as just tests of my character and I intend to keep passing these tests by the help of the Holy Spirit.

When you come with confrontations, He whispers to me:
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."- Matthew 5:9
When you come at me with hatred, He tells me:
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you"-Matthew5:44
When you curse me with your words, He tells me
"A wise man's heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction."-Proverbs 16:23

I will be the bigger person. As a Christian, I know too well how the devil taunted Jesus. Throughout His walk on earth, people said things just so they can have something against Him and discredit him, but yet with each taunt, Jesus kept His cool and remained blameless. I know who I represent in life, and I pray I never show my God in a bad light to the world through my character, word, or deed. May God continue to mold us into His image to the shame of those seeking our downfall. When it's all said and done, I win. You just lost one. 
Yorkamazing <3
Today's Memory Verse
Philippians 2:15

"So that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment