Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Awkward Moment at McDonalds

I haven't blogged in a long time, and it has been on purpose. I've been at home enjoying the company of my family and my free time has been spent sleeping and eating, all of which I have no shame about. *laughs* I've had only about two weeks of "summer break" and I thank God for granting me the peace to be able to completing unwind and refresh again before the new academic year starts next week. So that's a mini update of my undertakings, but I will be updating daily or at least more frequently starting this weekend. My sincere gratitude for all those that still read my blog daily even without new posts! I truly appreciate it. Anyways, I digressed. Back to this awkward moment at McDonalds that happened today.

I was really hungry but we had many errands to run first before cooking so I went to McDonald's to buy something to eat. I drove up to one, and when I got there, I honestly could not remember the last time I had fast food. I was 3rd in line and I started sweating because I couldn't even remember the name of the any of the regular things I USED to get before my new found passion for health and nutrition. By the time it was my turn, I asked for more time so I could look over the menu all the while still sweating! My newly found and awakened health conscience wouldn't let me rest at all. I then started going though a series of emotions.

The first emotion I felt was anger/disappointment. I couldn't believe I was at McDonald's! How could I be about to spend money on highly processed crap disguised as food? How could I pay to consume this crap and put in into my mouth and body? Ewww! I just started thinking of all the fresh fruits and food I could buy for the same amount, prepare, cook, and eat and it would leave me feeling great!

The second emotion I experienced was a "let me try to redeem  the situation" type of feeling. Since I'm going to be stuck with this for today, what are the calories/nutritional values for these "food"?. I spent another couple of minutes comparing stuff and interesting enough, the mcDonald's had a chart on the counter showing the items with the lowest calories so I just made my chose from there. When I placed my order of just the chicken sandwich, the employee asked me if I'll like to buy a large drink for just a dollar more and I quickly said NO! I'm sure he probably thought I was being cheap, but I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. I completely felt uncomfortable.

Once I placed my order, I rushed out like a celebrity attempting to avoid being noticed in a public area. I did not at all like the fact that I went there today. While driving home, I started to laugh at myself. I have truly changed!!! Wow! I couldn't believe how hard it was for me to order fast food and this really made me so proud of myself. When I started this journey of health 10.5 months ago, I told people I was on a LIFETIME journey, not a diet. I want to live the rest of my life health conscience because I feel so much better when I eat right and exercise and that's a feeling I don't want to give up anytime soon, or  ever. I thank God Almighty for opening my eyes and really helping me to get to where I am now. It'll probably be another couple of years before I head back to McDonalds or any other fast food. We shall see. :)




Yorkamazing <3
Today's Memory Verse (T.M.V)
2 Corinthians 5:17

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new."

No comments:

Post a Comment