Friday, August 31, 2012

Do You Really Love Me?

While studying today, as always my laptop was opened and pandora was playing on my Anthony Evans station. I had the music volume very low because I was studying biology and being a Chemistry major that hates biology, I have to focus a bit more to force myself to learn the material. Anyways, one by one the music played in the background until one of my favorite song came on called Superstar by Tye Tribbett. I stopped studying to jot the name of the song down and then continued to study. Now here I am wondering what I was going to blog about tonight and God just dropped this question on my heart: Do You Really Love Me?   Are we loving God because He is God, or because of the things He does? I don't know about anyone else, but as for me. my answer is sure. Yes, I love You Lord. I love the Lord with all my heart, and desire to honor Him with every breath I take. I have realized over the years how faithful God has been to me, and I mean faithful even when I was not faithful in return. He has kept me and protected me, provided and defended, and redeemed. He has shown me Love, real unending love and I pray that He grants me the grace to Love Him back and live for Him the way He deserves. I will love and serve the Lord, in the good times and bad, with tears flowing down my face or with laughter rushing from my lips. My Love for the Lord will not be dependent on my circumstances nor condition for I have learned that in ALL things, in living or in dying, He is still God and that alone gives me the greatest peace! The lyrics to another song that plays in my heart always is

♫  Blessed be Your name,
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name  ♫ 

So God is asking you, Do you really love Him? Will your love disappear if the situation changes? What if He postpones a blessing? Will you curse His name if you face death? Is this love for God because of what He does, or because of simply Who He is? The Lord requires our purest love, with no attachment, just loving Him for Who He is. Take time to grow and learn about this God we serve and you'll find it to be so easy to just be lost in His awesomeness! As for me, all I can say is......

" ♫ Oh Lord I just love You for Who You are.....that's all!  ♫ 
Superstar by Tye Tribbett 

Yorkamazing <3
T.M.V- Deuteronomoy 6:5

"Love the Lord thou God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might"


No comments:

Post a Comment