Monday, August 27, 2012

Study With Me: Week 1

I truly believe that the Almighty God in Heaven directs the paths of His children. No matter how bumpy the road may be, how long the route may seem, and how unfavorable the conditions you find yourself making the journey in may be, if you diligently serve God, He will direct your path. He cannot fail you. Though different from your plans, you can rest knowing that ALL things work together for your good. It is us that limits what God can and cannot use for our good when His word says ALL things! The good, the "bad" and the "ugly" are simple events meant to mold us into His image.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."-Romans 8:28

 I've been having this strong pull of the need to devote myself to the things of God, to be in His presence and staying there. I want to be able to hear Him clearly, to represent Him correctly, and  just to  Love Him more, not for the things He does, but because He is God, and God all by Himself. Well it has been my desire to know God more through His word so I went out a while ago to buy a new Bible and a devotional. Today in service, the message was all about knowing God's word and it spoke to me.

The message was " Your Word have I hidden in my heart" base on the scripture where it says
"Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against you."- Psalm 119:11 
 The word of God is our source of power and our weapon in battle. When Jesus was being tempted by the devil, Jesus was seen fighting the temptation by using the Word of God and the devil had to flee. Not knowing what God says about the circumstances you are in makes you gullible to the wiles of the enemy. It is like going into a war, with no protection nor weapons to fight back with when your Father owns the copyrights to the weapons and they are all available to you free of charge. It doesn't make any sense. You should be the most protected and armed person walking on the face of the earth! So we should equip ourselves with these weapons. Beside  being a source of power, the Word of God also serves to edify. The scripture says "that I might not sin against you" meaning when you know God's Words, you know His will and His plans which makes it harder to deviate from them. The Word of God also encourages. Regardless of the situation you are in, if You know God's word, you will be able to worship and praise in Him in the midst of your darkest hour because your heart will remind you that God said His plans for you are good (Jeremiah 29:11), He said He won't give you more than you can bear ( 1 Corinthians 10:13),  and various other scriptures for other situations. It gives you a hope and increases your faith because God cannot lie. If He said it, so shall it be.

With this message today and all that I have been experiencing with God lately, I am embarking on a challenge to arm/equip myself by memorizing a Bible verse each week because the Bible says we should not only be hearers of the Word, but also doers meaning we should put what you hear into practice.  At the end of every blog post I usually have a (T.M.V - Today's Memory Verse) but I will now have a weekly verse that I will blog all by itself. I will still include the T.M.V's because I believe that every deed/action/speech should be backed up by the Word of God. I encourage you to join me in this challenge and let us grow together in the faith. I strongly believe the time has come where God is searching for His own. we should be able to recognize the voice of God and obey.
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me"- John 10:27

I am going to start with the verse used in the sermon today because that summarizes the intent of this undertaking. To know God's word and hid it in my heart! So here is to week one! I am going to memorize the Bible verse(What is says) and where it can be found/location( the Book). I'll also be making flash cards as suggested by the Pastor so Study with me and feel encourage to share with friends. As you desire to seek God first and grow in Him, He will add all other things. (Matthew 6:33)That is His Word!


Yorkamazing <3

Week 1 Study With Me: Psalm 119:11
" Your Word have I hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against you"

No comments:

Post a Comment